My Blog List

Monday, May 17, 2010

My Wisteria is finally blooming!

My daughter bought me a Wisteria for my birthday in June of 2007.  Of course it didn’t bloom that year.  I got excited as spring of 2008 rolled around but no flowers for me.  I figured 2009 would be my year but…no damn flowers!  Imagine my delight when I saw the beautiful flowers dangling from my Wisteria.

IMG_0565

IMG_0567

Speaking of birthdays…my daughter turned 34 last week.  I decided to applique a beach towel for her.  How about a penguin at the beach.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.   I planned on doing machine applique but the towel I bought was so large that I had a tough time manipulating it while trying to applique.  I ended up doing most of it by hand.  I’ll keep that in mind next time I decide to do something like that.

Happy Birthday A!

IMG_0519

Elaine

No comments: