My Blog List

Monday, November 3, 2008

BOM V

Also known as "Peppermint Star" by Vicki Bellino. I've been struggling with pieced quilt block squares lately. Not sure what my problem is because I'm so careful when I cut and sew. Ugh. This block should have been 12 1/2 inches square when done but only measured in at 11 1/2 inches square! I'm not happy since I somehow managed to end up with 12 1/2 squares with the first 4. I talked this over with my friend Lisa and discovered that the presser foot that I've been using is NOT the 1/4 inch presser foot for my machine. Are you shi(*(*& me? It's more like a weak 3/8ths or very strong 1/4 inch. When piecing blocks with many pieces it's very important to sew seams that are exactly 1/4 inch. I'm going to have to put a 1/2 inch border around this guy when I make the quilt so that it all fits together nicely. I've since gone out and ordered the 1/4 inch foot from Bernina and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. Here is the horizontally and vertically challenged BOM V.

No comments: