My Blog List

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

BOM VI

I can't believe it took me constructing 5 blocks before I realized that my 1/4 inch seems were a little wide. I had a very hard time with BOM V. I needed to get this problem resolved before the next block arrived. I started playing around with the different presser feet that I have for my machine and discovered that if I use my #0 foot and move my needle one position to the right that I get a perfect 1/4 inch seem. You wouldn't think that the little bit that I was off would make such a big difference but the more pieces in the block the more the problem escalates. I'm very happy with BOM VI. It's called Sunrise Star and it was designed by Margot Languedoc. The points are all lined up nicely and the finished block is the right size. I'm so happy!

No comments: