My Blog List

Friday, December 19, 2008

BOM VII

BOM VII arrived and I promptly pieced it together with my new 1/4 inch foot. BOM VI turned out great once I figured out how to get a perfect seam with the presser feet I had. The 1/4 inch foot was already on it's way so I decided to keep it. Block VII was designed by Debbie Beaves and is called Sawtooth Patchwork Block.

Look at those points! Look at those seams! Perfect!
After I finished this block, I compared VI and VII with the first 5. I can't live with them. None are the correct finished size and the points and seams aren't quite right. I contacted the BOM people and ordered another set of the first 5 blocks. At first I couldn't believe that I could chuck the wonky ones away but hey, there is a lot of work going into this quilt and I will not be happy with the outcome if I let this go. I'll just cut my losses now and redo them. I'll repost the before and after's when I'm done.

No comments: