My Blog List

Monday, June 15, 2009

I crafted for me

I made myself a little sewing caddy. I cannot tell you how much I like this thing. It holds everything. Generally when I sit to do handwork, I forget 1 or more things. I make a few trips back and forth to my sewing room until I have everything I need. When I saw this dandy gadget, well, I had to have one. I chose some fabric from my Anna Maria Horner fat quarters and some Amy Butler fabric.
The top piece is weighted with rice. It's filled with fiber and serves as a pin cushion. The attached flap has pockets to store scissors, ruler, marker...whatever. The bag (for threads, yarns or any scraps you accumulate) has a button on the inside and hangs from the loop.

Here is a picture with the bag attached.

Perched on the arm of my couch ready for business!


You can get a free tutorial of this project here.

No comments: