My Blog List

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tic Tac Toe Anyone?

I wanted a little project with some handwork to do.  I finished the smocking on a little top (pictures to come) and needed some more handwork.  I am in the process of knitting a lace scarf but I MUST pay attention when I’m working on that.  Sometimes mindless is good.  I dug out some old magazines and came across a cute Tic Tac Toe game board with a matching bag.  The game pieces are fabric yo yo’s.  Great fat quarter project and Lord knows I have plenty.  This thing took forever!  I always underestimate the time it takes to do hand embroidery.  I wasn’t in a rush or anything, I just thought this was going to be quick and easy.  It was long and easy.  It was worth it though. 

The bag:

IMG_0425

The game board with yo yo’s:

IMG_0426

The back of the game board:

IMG_0427

My friend Pam and I took this for  a test drive.  She thinks the game ended in a tie but truthfully, I won.  Let’s not tell her, ok?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi I love your Tic Tac Toe game! What magazine is the pattern in?

Ann