My Blog List

Friday, November 13, 2009

Tic Tac Toe Revisited

Remember the little Tic Tac Toe game I made?

IMG_0426

Well, when I showed my friend Pam she remembered a Tic Tac Toe pillow made for her by her Aunt Norma Richmond.  The pillow was square and about 2 inches thick.  The Tic Tac Toe grid was made with ribbon sewn onto the top  and there was a pocket on the back to store the playing pieces.  Aunt Norma also made one for Pam’s sister Beth.  Pam found her sister’s game last week while cleaning out the toy room.  She thinks this little game is about 40 years old.  The playing pieces are made of craft felt. 

Front:

IMG_0461

Back:

IMG_0462

Front with playing pieces.

IMG_0464

Unfortunately some of the face components were lost over the years.  Very cute Aunt Norma!  I bet you never thought you’d be seeing pictures of this well loved game on someone’s blog 40 years after making it?  Oh look Pam, I win again!

Elaine

No comments: